Education Law Solicitors

Everything you face, we face with you

Education Solicitors

Education Solicitors Near Me

Our specialist Education solicitors have experience supporting children, young people and families throughout England and Wales.

Does my education solicitor need to be near me?

The short answer is no, not at all. Our team are well versed in the latest technology and we do not need to see you face to face in order to act on your behalf.

What are Special educational needs (SEN)?

This matter affects how a person learns and the covers a wide range of instances that include:

  • Physical ability
  • Behaviour
  • Concentration levels
  • Hearing and/or visual impairment
  • Reading and writing
  • Ability to understand
  • Social skills.

A child or young person’s school is usually where a SEN is identified. In these instances, the class teacher works alongside the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) who takes the responsibility for planning and monitoring of the additional support for the child or young person.

The ‘Assess, Plan, Do, Review’ model is used in most schools to support SEN. There are various types of support available to your child, but this will mainly depend on their circumstances, this support could include the use of special learning materials, small group and one-to-one work.

Parents and guardians should be involved in discussion about planning SEN support for their child or young person. You should be updated a minimum of three times a year on the support that is being provided, by whom, and how the progress will be monitored and evaluated.

Each school receives a SEN Delegated Budget, this budget is not finite and as a result could limit the support available to the children and young people at the school who require SEN. On occasion, the school may not identify that your child has SEN, or the needs of the child or young person cannot be met at the school. If this is the case, then you should consider an application for an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP).

If you are unsure as to whether your child has special educational needs and is receiving the appropriate support, then you should seek legal advice. HCB’s specialist Education Law Solicitors have significant experience in the provision of special educational needs advice in the Hull area.

We have also had successful appeals via a tribunal which have helped many families overturn initial decisions made by the local authority. We are experts at giving SEN Legal advice to parents.

Do I need a local education solicitor to act on my behalf?

No, you need a specialist law firm. One who understands the nuances involved in the education process. The HCB Education Law team are specialist education law solicitors and we have helped thousands of children, young people and their families throughout England and Wales.

To speak to a member of the team please call our experts on 0333 202 7175.