Solicitor (HCB Widdows Mason)
029 2240 8690
Areas of Expertise – Education Law
- Legal Practice Course, University of South Wales, 2020
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB HONS), Cardiff University, 2016
Approach and Focus:
Megan qualified as a Solicitor in June 2022 and joined the Educational Law Team at HCB Widdows Mason Limited in January 2023.
Since joining HCB, Megan has helped countless parents navigate their way through an increasingly complex and often overwhelming Education system. Day-to-day Megan provides specific and tailored advice to Clients who have children with Special Educational Needs, mainly surrounding the EHCP process.
Megan understands the difficulties parents are facing and passionately believes that every child deserves the chance to achieve their potential. Megan prides herself on being confident and providing families with clear, expert legal and practical advice to achieve the best possible outcome.
Megan’s main practice areas comprise of:
- Securing an Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment
- Appeals to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal against a refusal to conduct an Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment
- Appeals to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal against a refusal to issue and Education, Health and Care Plan
- Appeals to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal against Sections B, F and/or I of an Education, Health and Care Plan
- Attending Annual Reviews
- Securing additional support (including therapy) for children and young people with Special Educational Needs
- Judicial Review for educational issues
- Admissions Appeals