Senior Associate Solicitor
0333 202 7175
Areas of Expertise – Education Law & Civil Litigation
Rob specialises in Education law and specifically Special Educational Needs. He regularly advises on the following:
- Securing an Education Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment;
- Appeals against a refusal to make an EHC needs assessment;
- Appeals against a refusal to make an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP);
- Content of Sections B, F and I of EHCP;
- Securing preferred school placement in an EHCP;
- Obtaining specialist and / or residential school placements for children and young people with complex needs;
- Annual Reviews
- EHCP health checks;
- Exclusion appeals
- Disability Discrimination claims;
- Admissions appeals.
Rob brings a passionate and holistic approach to his work and prides himself on delivering the best possible outcome for all of his clients.
Rob joined the Education Department of HCB Widdows Mason in May 2019. Rob was previously Head of Litigation at a reputable Cardiff firm and has extensive experience of dealing with a broad range of complex litigation matters.
Rob has a specific interest in Special Educational Needs as a result of issues faced by his own family and is therefore acutely aware of the challenges faced by parents of children, and young people, with SEN.
Rob regularly challenges educational decisions made by Local Authorities and schools on behalf of parents and young people to ensure they receive the support they require to enable them to reach their potential.